To spend or not to spend, that is the question! For me the answer is pretty much given, do not spend! Lol. But my love of all things beautiful sometimes outweighs my sensible budget, so what do I do? Hit the drugstore! (Or even better, Wal-Mart!)
There are literally thousands of affordable cosmetics on drugstore shelves everywhere and, after years of trial and error I have found some items honestly comparable to their high-end counterparts. I use everything on this list for my “everyday” look so these are products that I really believe in.
Also I’m adding the link to every item because Amazon is amazing and you can actually get a lot of the products even cheaper by ordering them. Also, some items on the list may not be found at your local drugstore but for the price point they fall into that category.
This post does include affiliate links, which means if you purchase something through one of the links I will receive a small percentage of the cost, at no extra charge to you, of course!
- Clean and Clear morning burst facial cleanser
- I do not have problem skin, so I use this mild cleanser in the shower to get my face squeaky clean.
- Pond’s anti-wrinkle cream
- I recently switched to this from an alternate ponds lotion
- I’m almost thirty and this is my way of feeling like I’m doing something about that….
- Maybelline baby skin instant pore eraser primer
- This product shows up across drugstore’s best lists all the time and there is good reason for it!
- The light formula glides across your skin and creates the perfect base for your foundation,
- It also makes your skin look basically airbrushed!
- Covergirl outlast 3-in-1 foundation
- Again I have normal skin. This may not be the best foundation for everyone.
- It provides light to medium coverage.
- If you have oily skin Maybelline fit me matte poreless foundation is amazing.
- Maybelline master conceal
- Same with foundation, the concealer you choose should be as thin as possible with the right amount of coverage for you to avoid a cakey or creased look.
- If this concealer is too thick for you Maybelline age rewind concealer is also fantastic, especially for not increasing visibility of fine lines around the eyes and mouth.
- NYX HD finishing powder
- Translucent powder is best for achieving a flawless, natural look
- This powder is also tinted mint green to combat redness.
- NYX contour palette
- Nyx is a brand that is actually sold online and at retail stores like Ulta Beauty, but it offers an amazing value for the low price tag.
- This is a two-tone pallet with contour and highlighter that looks amazing on my medium complexion.
- Covergirl nudes eyeshadow palette
- There are tons of drugstore eye shadows to try. I haven’t even scratched the surface!
- This is just one example of a high quality pallet for a great price.
- E.l.f. brow pencil
- It works and its $3, what else do you need to know!?
- The formula is a little bit harder than other brow pencils, but I like it. I think it makes it easier to get a more natural look.
- E.l.f. eyeliner pen
- E.l.f. is notoriously cheap and honestly, in my opinion a lot of their products are subpar, but still good for the price.
- This liner is an exception to that rule for sure. It’s jet black, stays for days, and the pen itself actually lasts longer than most others I’ve tried. It is def my go to black liner!
- L’Oreal carbon black mascara
- All mascaras are not created equal and honestly it all comes down to preference.
- If you are looking for something that adds volume and length to thin, short lashes, I recommend the L’Oréal
- If you prefer something not so thick or hard to remove, I suggest something like the Revlon volume+length mascara
- L’Oreal infallible lip color in mesmerizing merlot
- My new favorite all day lip color by far!
- I only wear all day or 12-hour lipstick and the main problem I have is that the color seems to dry out and crack over time. I do not have that problem with this color. It does fade a bit faster than some, but still lasts all day, and for the comfortable wear that it allows, I’ll take it!
- This comes in an array if trendy colors to choose from, make sure you choose something that matches your skin tone.
- I have dark hair and light olive skin and mesmerizing merlot is my favorite new color! Perfect for spring.
The good news is that most of these products are under $10! If you are someone who never wears makeup or you just want to improve the quality of the products you are wearing, you should be able to get everything on the list for less than $100! Try doing that at the Mac counter! (You just can’t) If you wantto see more awesome and cheep makeup check out this list.
So, I hope this helps you feel like that flawless look you crave is much more attainable! Of course the products are nothing without proper technique, but that is a talk for different day! Let me know in the comments what you tried, what you loved, what you didn’t, AND if there is anything you love that isn’t on the list!!!