It happens to everyone from time to time. We are all excited in the lord when we first meet him. Then, after a while, life takes the wind out of you and you start to wonder if you’re losing faith. You may question and doubt things. Deep down you know that your faith is still there, but maybe it just doesn’t seem as strong as it once was. Do you feel like you are losing faith in the one thing you never though possible?
As children of God, we are the ones responsible for nurturing our relationship with him. Just like any other relationship, if you don’t put in the time and effort to grow together, things will dwindle. I know no one wants that. And even if you feel like you are in a good place, anyone can use uplifting from time to time so here are some scriptures to guide you when you feel like you can use that extra push.
- Psalms 34:19
“Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.”
- This is a favorite of mine, to quote. It seems appropriate no matter what situation you find yourself in, because God is appropriate for any situation. He is telling us that our struggles are real and that they will just keep coming, but no matter what comes our way, he will deliver us from that!
- Luke 15:10
“Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.”
- If that doesn’t make you feel loved and important in God’s eyes, I don’t know what will. There is joy in the presence of God’s angels over one little sinner like me. Wow!
- John 6:35-37
“And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me and believe not.
All that the father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.”
- If we trust him we will never hunger or thirst. Everything you need in this life will be provided. And I truly believe God provides me with everything I need daily. If you want to be a part of that all you have to do is turn your life to God and believe in him.
- I take it to believe that no matter what you have been through, no matter what you have done, or not done, if you turn to him believing then he will not cast you away from him.
- 1 John 5:14-15
“And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask anything according to his will, he heareth us:
And if we know that he heareth us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired from him.”
- If you haven’t decided to give your life to God, this would be a really good reason to. If you have, you already know. God will answer your prayers! When you pray for something that he knows you need, he will give it to you tenfold.
- However, when I pray I’m always careful to say “if it be your will”, because I know He knows better than I do what I need. I know he will answer my prayers to prove a point too. Don’t expect him to give you everything you want and be careful to believe in what you are asking for.
- Mark 11:26
“But if ye do not forgive, neither will your father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.”
- A lot of times, when we are down in the dumps, it’s really something internal. Think about what’s been going on in your life lately. Are you hold a grudge against someone, or even some situation.
- God not only invites you to bring your problems to him, he expects you to. He knows we need his guidance and grace. If we are going through problems and do not ask for help, that is selfish and stubborn on our part.
- 1 Corinthians 2:5
“That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.”
- If we had to rely on the wisdom of men we would have been doomed centuries ago! After you turn over your life to God and you start to see how truly amazing his works can be, you will know where your true faith stands. Do not forget that.
- Men and women will try to convince you that they know better, that their ideas are based on facts, that yours are not logical, do not waver. God fought critics for his time on this earth and we still fight them today. But guess who is still around, living and performing miracles in his children!? You will also survive.
- 2 Corinthians 5:7
“(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)”
- This is just as plain and simple as it gets. We will not see God in our lifetime. We can not see heaven, or even angels (for the most part?), but we do have our faith. The whole basis of believing in God is to have faith. If we start to wonder or worry, all we have to do is come back and have a talk with him and he will restore our faith.
- Mathew 21:22
“And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.”
- There is a reason you find this recurring theme throughout the bible. It is one of the key aspects of God’s love, ask and ye shall receive. No matter what it is you need, God will give it you, if you first believe in him. If whatever is dragging you down is a material thing, first ask yourself how important that thing really is. Then ask God what you should do about it.
- Maybe he is just waiting to see if you will give up before he answers your prayer, maybe its something you don’t really need in the first place, or maybe you’re not fully invested in asking him. No matter the problem it can be solved in prayer.
- Romans 15:13
“Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
- This is an amazingly inspirational verse. There is all the hope and joy in the world, you need only to receive it. Another thing to point out is that you can really have more control over your moods than a lot of people give credit, because of verses like this. He literally fills us with joy and peace through his power, whether we choose to feel that is up to us.
- Mathew 17:20
“And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, if ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; [and it shall be removed; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.]”
- Again, whatever you have going on in your life, whatever you need God to take care of, he is willing to do that for you. However, you must believe in him. If you even have faith as small as a grain of mustard seed, he will remove the biggest obstacles in your life.
- You have no reason to lack faith! You have every reason to believe that no mater your need, God will provide it to you. If you need more proof, you can find it here. Now stop what you’re doing and pray about it! 😉