Hello all! I’m so excited to tell you that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award!
What’s that you ask??? Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The award itself is given to bloggers by bloggers as a way to show support and create a buzz around the blogging community.
I started The Scarlet Journey almost a year ago! (has it been that long!?) Since then, I have learned so much about how to effectively connect with my people. The blogging community has been so supportive and helpful along the way, it is amazing!
That’s what the Liebster award is about, showing love for our peers! I recently met Nella of http://nellaverde.com on twitter and she thought kindly enough of me to nominate me for this award! (Thank you, love!) I know this only exists inside the internet and bloggers are the only people who even know about it but, I’m thrilled to be a part of the small group she chose to nominate.
Here are the rules
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you. (or however many they posted for you!)
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Questions given to me by Ms. Nella
- What inspired you to start a blog and what is your blog about?
- I was inspired by God’s love and grace on my life to write a blog. My hope is that I might reach women struggling with low self esteem, bad relationships, addiction, or just feeling lost and help them to realize that with God and some good advise they can live a better life.
- Any useful tips you’d like to share with aspiring bloggers or dreamers?
- If there is anything I’ve learned this year, it is that anything is possible. Your outcome in life depends on what you put into your life. Continue working, cultivating, and adding the positive into your life and you will accomplish your dreams.
- Do you prefer movies or books?
- I prefer books, but I have children and two jobs so, I watch far more movies! I have been in the mood lately for some paperback therapy, though.
- What is your dream vacation?
- This is a hard one! I think it would only make sense to say Europe. Give me a month or so to explore the countries that host such amazing structures as the Parthanon and Sagrada Familia to name a few. I would be in heaven.
- If you were a Superhero/Supervillain, who would you be? Be creative!
- I would definitely be a superhero. I think something like a mix between Iron man and Wonder woman, so I could have the money,strength, sympathy, and wisdom to help the people of the world with all their needs.
- If you were on a desert island, what 3 items would you want with you? (You have water/food. Doesn’t count.)
- um, my cell phone! Hello, I’m on verizon. My piece will work anywhere! lol
- coconut oil, because it’s good for like 1,000 things
- a ponytail holder, for obvious reasons
- If someone narrated your life, who would you want to be the narrator?
- My husband! He is the only voice I could stand to hear that much of! Just thinking of this actually happening is making me crack up!
- What kid’s movie, were you scared of as a child, but like now?
- Jurassic Park
- If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
- If it were possible for me to sit down and talk with Jesus, I think that would be the epitome of a dream come true. It would be like meeting a long lost family member. Crazy to even think about!
- If it were your last day on earth, how would you spend it?
- Holding tightly to my family. No doubt. I would just hug and kiss them over and over until I couldn’t anymore. Love those guys!
- If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would that be?
Fun Facts about me!
- I grew up attending a church with less than 50 active members.
- My middle name is Nicole, like everyone else my age!
- I’ve been a restaurant server for 12 years and I love it.
- My husband and I love karaoke.
- My parents have the same birthday.
- I love my minivan!
- I hope to be a young grandma (with a cool alternative grandma name)
- I am not responsible for any of my children’s first names.
- I am a Biology major.
- I used to be a “party girl”.
- My favorite color is purple.
Chloe from being-chloe.com
Sarah Catherine of itsthefinerthingsclub.wordpress.com
Shelby from lilmommacrafts.wordpress.com
Maya of poweredcrowd.com
Liane of talesofascrunchymom.com
My questions for you are:
- Does your name hold any significant meaning?
- What was the most important day of your life so far?
- What is something you do (besides blog) for fun?
- How many children do you have/ how many do you want?
- Flats or heels?
- What’s the best piece of advise you’ve ever gotten?
- What is your dream job?
- If you had one wish (no wishing for more wishes!) what would you ask for?
- What would you consider the perfect weather?
- Favorite actor/actress.
- What is the coolest place you’ve traveled to?
I can’t wait to read everyone’s answers! This was so much fun. I love getting to know my fellow bloggers and sharing the love as well! Keep this going, it is really a great way to show you care about our blogging world!