People are super focused on self-care right now. Self-care is simply how to take better care of yourself! It seems like adults would know how to do that already, right!? They do know how, but they just don’t.
As moms, especially, we know how to take care of someone. We have that list on our minds 24/7. The problem is that we worry so much about taking care of our children’s needs, we forget about our own.
When is the last time you went out with your husband? Is your favorite pair of shoes collecting dust because you haven’t worn them in a year? Have you forgotten the last time you went out with makeup on? Or the last time you stayed in and took a hot bubble bath? If any of this sounds familiar, then I’m talking to you!
It is so important for us moms to be diligent about our self care, so that we are capable of taking great care of those around us. We need time with our husbands. We need to take 30 minute showers and paint our nails and know that we can still pull it together enough to feel sexy. As much as our kids mean to us, we still need that for ourselves.
As with anything else in life, I want to make sure that I’m focusing on actually improving myself and not just picking up expensive hobbies.
The great thing about knowing how to take better care of yourself is that you can do it for free! There are so many ways to refresh without spending a dime. Here is my list of thirty ways to take better care of yourself. The best part is that you already have everything you need. You owe it to yourself to make the time!
- You don’t have to go the salon to get a cute mani/pedi
- Wash your face before bed
- Stop breakouts and slow aging by cleaning your face before bed EVERY night
- Use lotion or cream
- There is something about being silky smooth and wonderfully scented that makes you feel like a million bucks
- Hair removal
- The best feeling in the world is clean sheets and freshly shaved legs!
- Morning stretch
- Take 10 minutes to get the blood flowing
- Just 30 minutes of light activity a day can make a huge impact on your health
- Drink water
- Nothing can quench your thirst like water
- Dress to impress
- dress for the life you want, not the life you have (shop your closet!)
- Be prepared
- Save time and stress by taking a few minutes each night to prepare for the next day
- Layout in the sun
- Gain important vitamin D and even enhance mood and energy with sunlight
- Mow the grass
- Improve your homes appearance, get exercise, sunlight, and save money by mowing your own lawn
- Take a walk to organize and clear your thoughts or just get some fresh air
- Swimming is good for exercise, sunlight, and having a great time
- If you like the water, but want to stay dry, try fishing
- You may not actually have what you need for this one but I grew up in the south, if you have four walls, then you better have a fishing pole. lol!
- Take a car ride
- Again, maybe this is southern in me, but there is nothing like taking a long back road (dirt road) to clear your mind
- Call a friend
- Shout out to the friends that can make you feel new with one phone call
- There is something so important about taking time to be with yourself, don’t take it for granted
- Listen to music
- Songs evoke emotion, so use your playlist to power your day
- Take a bath
- Soaking in a hot bath has been scientifically proven to enhance your mood (I made that up but it sounds true)
- Sign a petion
- Hear me out, standing up for a cause that you believe in can have a great motivational impact
- New hair, who dis? A good haircut makes you feel like a new woman!
- Practice your makeup
- IF you can find the time, then it is so fun to practice making yourself more beautiful
- Have a smoothie
- I live and die by my morning smoothie. It is life!
- Read a book
- “The more you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you’ll go” -Dr. Seuss
- Have sex
- Seriously, I’m walking a fine line just by saying this. )To clarify: Have sex with your husband, only.) But we are human. We have desires and need to be loved.
- Get a massage
- If you don’t have a husband, a massage can relax you and relieve major tension
- Spontaneous date night
- As spontaneous as you can be with three children
- Spend the night alone
- If you’re a mom, you know what a vacation that would be
- Window shop
- Let yourself dream
- Visualize future
- Picture your goals and go make them a reality
If you take better care of yourself, it will become the best part of your day! Even if you have to lose 30 minutes of sleep to squeeze in a little mom time, it will be totally worth it!
Self-care will make you feel better about yourself, refreshed, motivated, and ready to conquer the world. That is what we need. Motivation and confidence! Don’t under estimate how important it is to take better care of yourself! Do it!
If you want to learn more about being healthy, wealthy, and wise CLICK HERE to join a community of women who are conquering bad habits and learning how to better our lives daily!